The annual Black Girls Rock took place this weekend in Newark, New Jersey, celebrating the beauty and achievements of African American women. See some of our favorites below on the red carpet.
The co-hosts once again Regina King in this metallic suit and Tracee Ellis Ross in Bibhu Mohapatra
Ciara went simple with this satin Nili Lotan dress
Janelle Monaein RVN crop top and skirt, floral coat, and DSquared2 sandals. Yes Honey!
The Smiths look great but lets get into the ageless beauty of Jada Pinkett Smith and her mother Adrienne. They look white hot!
Director of Selma Ava DuVernay
Founder of Black Girls Rock, Beverly Bond
Winners of the Night
– Cicely Tyson, Living Legend Award
– Ava DuVernay, Shot Caller Award
– Dr. Helene D. Gayle, Social Humanitarian Award
– Erykah Badu, Rock Star Award
– Nadia Lopez, Change Agent Award
– Jada Pinkett Smith, Star Power Award
Get it First Lady!